Friday, October 18, 2013

baseball playoffs

We are down to four teams that are completely and wholly uninspiring. Who knows, maybe the excitement of the World Series will change my mind.

Doubt it.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown of the four remaining teams, and why I find it so hard to root for any of them

Boston Red Sox - Possibly the worst fan base in all of sports? Note that they did play furiously in the best division in baseball, so I kinda hope they win. At least so the Rays loss isn't in vain. Keep in mind this is probably the pro sports team I like the least, aside from the NHL teams.

Detroit Tigers - Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander. And I hate to see my friends in Michigan cheer for successful Detroit teams.

St. Louis Cardinals - Go back to 04 and sign Larry Walker again, then maybe I'll cheer for you NL Centr'l turd red birds.

Los Angeles Dodgers - Yasiel Puig is a young asshole. I guess I hate the Dodgers the least, but they're about to be eliminated like a world-famous HYM bowel movement.

So yeah, baseball, bros.


No comments: