Friday, December 9, 2011

overheard at work 1.0

"Hey Jim, Welcome back! How was your vacation, you glad to be back?"

"Oh ya know, it was good, haha."

WAIT WHAT? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE VACATION WAS? HE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE AT WORK FOR TWO WEEKS. TWO WHOLE GODDAMN WEEKS OF NOT WORKING.

R U GLAD 2 B BACK? BITCH PLZ, He's pissed as fuck to be back.

30 years of my life and I've never once seen anybody glad to be back at work from vacation. Never.

And I never will.

That post-vacation trudge into the office is easily the worst feeling in the world. Worse than flying, worse than seeing the love of your life scarf down massive black dong and def worse than when the fucking restaurant forgets to not put mayo on my goddamn hamburger.

You glad to be back at work?

I think 50 Cent said it best: "you wouldn't know joy if it wadn't fer pain."

No comments: