Wednesday, August 3, 2011

HUMP DAY PUMP UP: THE FAVOR

Wait WHAT? The favor? A favor?

Yeah, pussybeats, a goddamn favor. Homeboy is trying to make it in the music business, and to make it happen he fired up a Kickstarter project to get his music mixed. Sounds reasonable enough - asking people to front the bill so you can fulfill your Hollywood dreams of making it big.

Dude asked me if I could help him out by sharing his Kickstarter link. So I did him one better; yeah, I'm promoting it in its very own HUMP DAY PUMP UP. Yeah bro, like 35 people are totally going to glaze over this whole post.

For you trivia buffs out there, this isn't the first time I've supported this dude's music. Yes, way back in high school, when he thought he was the skinny white version of Puff Daddy, Puffy and/or P Diddy, I purchased one of his homemade cds. For high school rap, made by white kids from the burbs, it was pretty dec.

And I cruised around our hometown in my whip, windows down, and PUMPED that. I bet I scared the old people with those slightly muted, unthumping basslines.

Anyway, I think he's doing something really awesome, and his first single, "Girl Like You" is one of the most ridiculously catchy things I've ever heard this side of Ke$ha, Maroon 5 and 'Nsync. OK, not as awesome as Maroon 5, but still really catchy.

Don't believe me? Get PUMPED to the catchy sounds of John Fitz:



Good music not giving you the PUMP you need? Well at least appreciate the hot chick in the video, twinks. And unlike most musical HUMP DAY PUMP UPS, there is no yelling, hardcore, death metal or punk rock.

Maybe a little humor is what the doctor ordered. Give homeboy points for making a lolworthy pitch for your unhard-earned money:



Curiously, he posted a "making of" youtube vid, however I couldn't find the actual video. Either way, this song sounds dope, and he's got a sick skinny tie on.




Not really sure why I embedded the Kickstarter widget here, cause I already set up a direct link so you can go donate. Guess it's just cause the novelty of embedding shit and learning basic HTML still hasn't worn off, 3 years later.

So here's the embedded widget.





PLEDGE $500 AND HE'LL WRITE AND RECORD A SOLO SONG ABOUT heck yeah, man DO IT NOW

No comments: