Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HUMP DAY PUMP UP: PULLEY

SCIENTIFIC FACT 1: 90'S MUSIC IS SUPERIOR TO ANY OTHER DECADE OF MUSIC.

That especially applies to punk rock and hardcore. And grunge, and alternative rock, and hip hop lol, But today we're going to talk a little bit about 90's punk. And by talk a little bit, I mean use it as a vehicle to deliver the PUMP. A needle to the vein, injecting a lethal dose of PUMP into your ordinarily crappy life.

SCIENTIFIC FACT 2: YOU ARE WEIRD. But we won't let that stop you from getting PUMPED.

With that out of the way, let's get on with the PUMP! Today's PUMP is brought to you by an often overlooked punk band, Pulley. Yes, the name is horrible - I have no idea if they have some sort of meaning behind it or what, but I don't care.

Why don't I care?

Because they featured a major league baseball player in the band! And he was actually good too! At baseball, even!

Love this song. Reminds me of what Strung Out would sound like if they were more straight forward punk, weren't as talented as they are, but were still awesome.




OK, seriously horrible band name, pretty horrible lyrics on this next one, but when I'm cruisin' the ave/lurkin' slores on campus, this is the jam I need, dawg. And guess what! This is the jam you need too!

Can't really identify with their dog's life thing, but what I can identify with is being so PUMPED that sometimes I do crazy things (like seriously write a poorly written song about a dog's life). Oh wow, I just got the pre-PUMP bowel rumbles, oh jeez!




And when I get sick of workin' for the man, I crank this joint. This happens at least once an hour. While yeah, I guess I am a working class whore, aren't we all?

I bought this album shortly after it was released, like 12 years ago (had to have, for it to have come out in the 90's!), after hearing it at a friend's house. Totally enjoyed it then. But after buying it, bringing it home, thinking "meh", it got shelved for a couple years.

Busted it out a couple years later, and realized that it's a genuinely awesome album.

LISTEN TO THIS SONG, TAKE IN THE CATCHINESS, REALIZE THAT EVEN THOUGH YOUR LIFE IS SHITTY COMPARED TO MINE, IT COULD STILL BE A LOT WORSE AND YOU COULD PROBABLY LOSE 10-15 LBS.





See? The 90's really were awesome!

And don't think for one second that there won't be a "LIFE ON A PLATE" CLASSIC ALBUM PUMP COMING UP IN THE NEAR FUTURE! Stay PUMPED.

1 comment:

:p said...

The 90's were indeed the best decade for music, but I don't like your stupid band.