Wednesday, March 23, 2011

HUMP DAY PUMP UP: AWESOME ALBUM SPOTLIGHT

The cool thing is, most of you have no idea who this band is, or how awesome they are. In fact, most of you probably don't even care. I would venture a guess that maybe less than 10% of the readership has no idea what an "Agents of Man" is. To that, there's only one thing to say.

"sup"

Agents of Man's "Count Your Blessings" is one of those albums where the second you hear the first note, you know it's going to be awesome.

The vocalist is awesome. Not in a Chamberlain-aped Gaslight Anthem sense, where he's BLATANTLY RIPPING OFF DAVID MOORE AND IS CLEARLY AN INFERIOR SINGER AND LYRICIST, but in the sense that "this is a hardcore record, what the fuck do you want, Frank Sinatra shit?" He's shows a great range on the record, and was fantastic live.

Most people poo-poo on the band because of their tough aura. Yeah, the music is hard, but it's also REALLY GOOD. And hard as hell.





Yo if that's what prison is like, sign me up! It's funny, I've mentioned multiple times to Heckyeahwoman that I should go to jail or join the army just to toughen myself up a bit. She laughs it off, but I don't know, that would definitely harden me up.

And yeah, I could use it. See, the first step to being hard is realizing that you're not the hardest. That doesn't mean not acting like it, it just means realizing that in the grand scheme of things, you're just a pussy. A FUCKING PUSSY.

This is the first song off the album. If you're not PUMPED, you're probably jamming out to Yanni: Live at the ACROPOPOPADAPOLIS.

Besides, you ever seen a band PUMP YOU UP SO HARD IN FRONT OF A WHITE SCREEN? SICK.




PUMPED HARD RIGHT NOW.

Maybe I haven't convinced you that "Count Your Blessings" is a fantastic album, but I bet I convinced you to not bother checking out Friday's post lol.

Believe it or not, but that last video is exactly what HUMP DAY PUMP UP is about: even when it doesn't matter, you gotta keep your PUMP ON. Those guys are rocking out so hard, in front of a crappy white screen, just to make a lousy music video...that is of them rocking out so hard, in front of a white screen, in a music video.

You think they're doing that for their healthz? Nah, they're doing it for the PUMP. No matter what it is: closing a big sale at work, writing your thesis, or blasting your neighbor's wife - you gotta bring your A game. And the only way to do that is to be PUMPED.


Could be worse:




And I know I'm like a week late on this, but dude, GET PUMPED.

No comments: