Friday, October 22, 2010

iron maiden

It's funny, I always feel bad about doing short little posts. Also funny: whenever I post something about keeping it short, it never winds up being short. Who knows.

One thing I'll never understand is the band name, Iron Maiden. In case you don't know, they're a heavy metal band. I don't really give a shit about them, but a lot of people do.

The name, Iron Maiden. OK, "iron" is a pretty tough, bad ass word. I'll give you that.

But the word "maiden". What's tough about that? Wikipedia says a "maiden" is a virgin. Nothin' bad ass about that.

What about when you combine them? Chemical element virgin? Metal maiden? Headbang to that, weirdo.

Actually, headbang to this:




Alright, that song is pretty sweet.

I was just sitting on the couch the other day thinking about this.

Right now, at any given time that any of you read this, there's a very good chance that I'm loaded, at the beach, driving, or pooping. Think about that for a minute.

Speaking of pooping, I've had a series of very unsatisfying shits this last week. I think it's due to my serious increase of cheese intake. For Real.

1 comment:

Tampa Iron Baller said...

Iron Maiden had a pretty bad ass mummy/skeleton kicking ass and scaring bitches back in the day. Oh and his name was Eddie. Pretty sweet. Not a big band - Run For the Hills was a great song.

There. Knowledge dispensed. Enjoy.