Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HUMP DAY PUMP UP: SCREECHING WEASEL

As most of you know, I saw Screeching Weasel for the first time just over a month ago. That's enough PUMP for 300 HUMP DAY PUMP UPS.

The only song I really wanted to hear, easily my favorite SW song, or even favorite song of all time: "TOTALLY".




They did not play it.

Almost enough for DEPUMPING 300 DAYS OF HUMP DAY PUMP UP. Almost. Regardless, they were awesome.

Also no "Ashtray". Bummer.




It's funny, whenever I listen to this song, I immediately relate to the lyrics; but then I think about it for a second, and realize that I totally can't identify with the song at all. OK, the getting out of bed at noon part is totally my style. But as Ben Weasel is singing about his life "going down the tubes", I would sing about my life "going up the tubes", because awesome things keep happening to me.

They played probably 25 songs, about 5 of which I didn't know - they were from the band's more questionable post-1999ish output. All in all a great set, by one of my favorite bands.

Finally, it came down to the last song of the night, and I knew it had to be either "What We Hate" or "Ashtray", and since you've been reading today, you know it wasn't "Ashtray".




What an awesome song, SO PUMPED when the opening chords started! After they finished, he thanked the crowd, the lights came on, and the awesome was done. Actually it wasn't, cause I was on my way to getting more and more tanked.

BONUS SUPER EXTRA PUMPY HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT:




The crowd went apeshit when the first notes rang out.

What an awesome night.

Had a sweet free hotel in Orlando too DOUBLE PUMP FUCK YEAH.

A little HDPU trivia: I think Screeching Weasel has been featured in HDPUs more than any other band. In fact, I'm pretty sure these videos have been posted 2, maybe 3 times. You can sit around and cry about it, or you can join the world GETTING PUMPED UP.

No comments: