Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ART WEEK!!! spotlight: artistic masterpieces

Having already conquered literature by topping works from Hemingway, Shakespeare, and other post-modern literary greats, I thought the next logical step would be for me to conquer art.

And what better place to start than my boi, Leonardo da Vinci? Since imitation is the highest form of flattery, I knew I had to recreate a few of his masterpieces.

Mona Lisa, 1503-1519





















The Vitruvian Man, 1492

















And twat kind of a friend would I be without a shout out to the creator of this awesome comic strip? Funny story: knowing that my blog has been a beacon of awesome since June '08, he asked me to contribute to one of his upcoming comics...with some dialogue & witty banter. Ok he really didn't ask me to contribute, what a dick.

But whatever, I thought I'd take it upon myself to create an artistic tribute. Check it, pussybeats:













Tomorrow: some freehand goodies from my college dayz!

1 comment:

Tampa said...

What a dick!! Who would pass up on this awesome artwork!!

Great job HYM!