Tuesday, November 24, 2009

what is sacrafice?

DUDE I WAS SO PUMPED UP AT THE GYM THE OTHER DAY, THAT I ALMOST DIDN'T CATCH THIS INVOLUNTARY HILARITY, HOLY CRAP, I'M STILL SWEATING.

Ok, you already know I was at the gym. That's a given. In fact, any time you read this blog, you can probably automatically assume that any given blog post probably takes place at either the gym, the office, or in a bathroom somewhere.

Alright, I'm pounding it out on the (s)exercise bike, watching the dude who works the front desk there screw around on the interent, watching youtube videos.

Having my attention divided between the one TV they have on there, and dude's youtube videos, I notice he's now watching some old ass workout video. It's pretty old school, with shots of huge dudes pressing, squatting, and pushing their way to glory.

Spandex, rippling muscles, and grunting are all things that I saw in this sweet video.

Then the insane pumping of iron comes to a screeching HALT.

The screen goes black, and a word comes across the screen. Not just any word. Not "DISCIPLINE", not "STRENGTH", not "TRIAL BY FIRE", and no, not even "EXPLODING BICEPS".

It was a simple, yet bold "SACRAFICE".

Ah yes, "SACRAFICE", the main ingredient for getting ripped. Not training hard, not proper nutrition, not getting enough sleep, not eating 400 times your weight in grams of protein daily, not any of that mythical bullshit. Just, SACRAFICE.

Back to the video, now we're back to probably one of the sweetest video montages I've ever seen.

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!

It's like a nonstop barrage of pictures of just the most jacked men and women at the peak of their PUMP.

Seriously, like a full minute of this, and I'm pedaling so furiously that THIS FUCKING EXERCISE BIKE IS ABOUT TO START ON FIRE. MY QUADS ARE SET TO EXPLODE.

MY CALVES ARE ON FIIIIIIIIRE.

EVEN MY SHOULDERS ARE SWOLLEN AND I'M NOT EVEN USING THEM.

I may or may not have had a boner.

Dude, I wasn't even paying attention to the video, but then all of a sudden my attention is diverted right back to it again. Lucky for me, and us, I looked at just the right time:

The sweet photo montage was just coming to an end as the screen goes black again. This is immediately followed by the posing of a question:

WHAT IS SACRAFICE?

At this point I just lost it, I was so jacked from the mere utterance of that simple question, that my entire body just exploded and I died immediately right there on the exercise bike. It was totally insane.

I know this could have, and maybe should have been a HUMP DAY PUMP UP, but it honestly couldn't wait until Wednesday. So, uh, check us out tomorrow for HUMP DAY PUMP UP: REDEMPTION.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damnit man i knew i missed some good shit @ the gym!