Friday, August 14, 2009

what a crappy name

It was just another day at the office: people calling me, me calling people, putting together reports, reading spreadsheets, cnn, having meetings, promoting synergy, nasdaq, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary yet, but it’s only like 1:37 PM EST.

So there’s still time for something awesome to happen.

Now I want to warn you; I am going to use a name in this post. I never use names. Allow me to put it this way - if I didn’t use the name, we might have a lesser case of lols on our hands. Lol, read the title of this post.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get on with it.

I called one of my customers to say “what’s up”; and we actually ended up having a nice little conversation. She turned out to be just the person I needed to talk to for this particular account, and was very interested in what our company was doing for her. Upon ending our pleasant little dialogue, I said something about not catching her name, and she was happy enough to tell me.

“Melitha”, she said.

Like a jackass, I reply, “Melitha”.

She confirms, “Melitha”.

Chuckling to myself, the absurdity of the situation hits me.

It hits me hard.

Hard as hell.

Before we hung up, she had another couple things to talk about; so obviously as she’s talking, I’m listening furiously to see if this bitch has got a serious lisp or what. In fact, I listened so furiously that I don’t even know what she asked. My replies where probably just a retarded supply of “yeah” and “sure”.

In fact, I wasn't even paying attention, and she asked me a question about something. I had no idea what the hell she was talking about. "I'm sorry Melitha, what was that?"

I didn’t notice a lisp or anything earlier when we were talking, just when she said her name. Maybe it really is “Melitha”.

I don't know, that's kind of a shitty name.

No comments: