Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HUMP DAY PUMP UP

Oh man I can barely even type this, cause I know what's comin'. After my HUMP DAY PUMP UP from last week, with Screeching Weasel, you know I had to have a Strung Out HUMP DAY PUMP UP.

This is an awesome song, from the last studio album, "Blackhawks Over Los Angeles"; the song is called "Calling". The intro PUMPS ME UP so furiously, that I've been known to blast this song at the gym when I need that little extra kick in the ass to nail that 3,000th pull up.

One of the last times I saw them, they opened with this song, and the entire club just went absolutely batshit crazy. I've seen a lot harder, more violent bands playing, and nobody went nearly as apeshit as the crowd did when Strung out opened up with this one.



Obviously, this song is gonna get you PUMPED UP, and you don't even need to watch more than 30 seconds. From the beginning chords, you know what's gonna happen: motherfuckers are gonna lose their shit. I've seen Strung Out live a bunch of times, and only once did they not play this song. Do you know why?

Cause this song is fucking awesome.



And probably my favorite Strung Out song, "Matchbook". Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent live version, so this lame video is all I got. There was some other homemade video on youtube, but honestly, it was retarded.



I can't remember the last time I was this pumped up.

Lol right, of course I do! It was a couple days ago after I polished off this tasty ass burrito, and a delicious dark beer at this new local Mexican joint.

So here's the deal, we're gonna listen to some Strung Out to set the mood, and then we're gonna enjoy and conquer HUMP DAY, much in the same way we'd treat a big, fat, delicious burrito that's callin' your name.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I got so pumped biking and listening to Tragedy.
But now I kind of want to see if they can get me "3,000 pull-ups" pumped.