Thursday, May 21, 2009

i got fed up

As some of you may know, we have two (2) ferrets: one (1) chubby albino girl named Seven, and one (1) skinny little balding girl named Scab.

This is Seven, just sleepin', man.














Here's Scab, sayin', "what's up".













Seven has a habit of eating her bedding. Like, she'll just lay there, and gnaw on it. Sometimes I can even see some of the fabric in her bowel movements. I get it, the girls are naughty. That's what they do, they do naughty things. Like pooping outside of the litter box, or peeing on the carpet.

One day, I'd had enough. So I sat Seven down, and explicitly told her not to eat her bedding. I sat her down, and told her that if she eats her bedding anymore, she was going to have to find a new home. She seemed to listen, and take what I said to heart. I really believed her when she told me that she was sorry for what she did. Her promise of behaving better truly sounded sincere.

Unfortunately, we weren't on the same page, because later that night, there she was, chewin' like crazy on her new sleeping bag.

Sure enough, I threw her out. It was tough, but it had to be done. Turns out, she didn't have any problem finding a new home.














Looking at the way things turned out, maybe I was the one that should have been thrown out.

No comments: