Tuesday, January 12, 2010

im gonna leave at 5

I'm not even sure this story is really that funny. Whatever, it happened at work, and even though it didn't happen in the bathroom, so it's funny by default.

Every day, work starts at 8, and ends at 5. Being the lazy bastard that I am, I usually start winding down my work day around, say, about 3:30 or 4. It's nice to have that hour, hour and half to really get things wrapped up, so I can leave at 5. Not at 4:45, not at 4:55, not at 4:59. At 5. 5 PM. I get paid until 5, so I stay until 5.

So it was one of the days before Xmas, and there was hardly anybody else in the office, just me and another lady. The stinky lady.

Whoever is the last to leave, has to lock up. Usually it's my boss, as she's usually there pretty late. But not today.

At about 4:58, as I'm looking up from my computer, I see a figure approaching my desk.

It's her.

Does she think she's leaving before the 5 o'clock whistle? Is that what you're thinking, you psychotic fuck?

So she waddles up to my desk, tells me to have a nice night, and asks me if I'm going to lock up when I leave.

My reply, "yeah, I'll lock up, I'm not going to leave until 5 though".

I love making snippy, petty comments like that. She knew what I meant, she knew where I was going. At least that's what the frown on her face told me.

No comments: